Thursday, August 26, 2010

Passports!

Well, in recent news our passports arrived today! Yay, one step closer to having all the needed papers to go get our baby. I'm so excited to get a stamp saying we've been to Africa. My birth certificate has not returned yet so hopefully we will see that soon or I will need to order another one.

It is amazing to me how excited I am getting even about traveling. I will be honest that the idea of foreign travel has never really appealed to me. I like to have an idea about where I am going and what I am doing. I like knowing there is always a chicken option on any menu. I like knowing that chicken is fresh, but not just grabbed out of the back alley and killed, fresh. I don't do different foods. I hate not being able to communicate. I hate feeling out of my comfort zone. Obviously God is pulling me out of that comfort zone in many ways with this adoption.

Getting our passports today is the first time I felt excited about the traveling side of things. I am really looking forward to seeing where my daughter is from. I am anxious to learn more about her heritage and be able to later teach her what I learned. I have no doubt she will be an American girl who loves Dora and Disney Princess (or Thomas if Asher has anything to say about it), but I want my daughter to be proud that she was born in Ethiopia.

All that to say that we are that much closer. Still waiting on child abuse clearance. So please keep praying. Hopefully I will have more good news soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment