Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Fancy gadget

So I just added a time line for the adoption to the side bar. I like being able to track when each step takes place. It makes me realize I am not doing a great job of updating some of the events happening between papers and fundraisers.

As I was writing in the time line I was remembering specifically Asher's questions as we take each step. I know the concept of time is foreign to a two year old.  So, the fact that he has to wait for his sister makes little to know sense to him. When we went get finger printed for our BCI&I  clearance. We walked into the building and Asher told us "this is where they keep the babies."  We didn't think much of it until we were leaving and he asked "Where is my sister? We need to go get her." He thought we were bringing her home that day.

Last week we had our home study safety audit. Asher asked if our social worker would be bringing his sister. It is so cute to see he is excited. for her to come home.

Also, as I write out the time line I see the small glitches that have already taken place. For example we did our  physicals and our doctor dated the exam as the wrong date. Our notary dated it correctly making the paper invalid. Meaning we had to have the whole form filled out again and our notary had to come back to the office to have the form signed. We requested a notarized copy of our BCI&I clearance and it came with out notarization. So, we had to call and request another.

We are praying our child abuse clearance goes through quickly because right now they are held up and taking around 10 weeks. Apparently this is not how it usually is. Without this we can't finish our home study and our I600A can't be processed. We need that form to go through so we can get a form called an I-171H. Which we have to have for our dossier. This form takes a long time so. I'm seeing how one form being held up holds up a long process.

It is amazing to me that we have already been at this for over 3 months. I feel like while i will be a long wait I may look back and think how quickly it all went. I can't wait to meet our baby girl, though. I pray for her and I am so excited to finally hold her and bring her home.

No comments:

Post a Comment