Monday, May 10, 2010

Are you sure, God?

Hi, we are the Garmans. We live in Ohio. Dan and Abby have been married for 6 years (as of this weekend). We have 3 little boys ages 4, 2, and 9 months. Dan is an electrical engineer and I am a stay at home mom. Dan is a wonderful husband and amazing daddy. He is super smart and he loves soccer. I am the coupon queen. I love a deal. I love my friends so much. I am a picture addict. I love taking pictures and having updated pictures of my boys all over my house. We have a dog and a cat, they are both male. Yep, I'm surrounded.

We moved here about 5 years ago. We planned on me finishing my degree and eventually having one child in this house. Then, we planned to space our kids 3-4 years apart. We wanted a large family, but I liked the farther spacing. Well, plans change. We found out a few weeks after we moved in that I was pregnant. Then only nine months after Isaac was born Asher was on the way. We got a little cocky when we made it to a first birthday, and Levi is 22 months younger than Asher.

This time we decided to wait. We wanted to see a second birthday not pregnant. I get very sick. It was time to give my body a rest. We set a new year's resolution and let it be known 2010 is not our year to have a baby. We had talked about adoption. We knew it was something we wanted to do, but it is expensive. We are out of room in our current home. We want to wait until we are sure we are done having birth children. That was our theory. It was good theory. Maybe one more of our own. then we will look into adoption. It was a good plan. However, we notice when we make plans God laughs at us. He has a bigger plan.

Our church had a night of worship . It was the second one we had been to. Dan was late because he had a soccer game. I love to worship with the family of God in song. I was looking forward to just enjoying being with my God and praising him. He had other plans. The first thing that was played was a short video. It was just talking about how we need to see outside our little box (that was the gist of it.) From that moment I knew God was telling me it is time to start the adoption journey. I prayed the whole time I was there. Hoping it was just an emotional response to a video clip. But the feeling got stronger. On my way home  I heard at least 2 ads for adoption on the radio.

That night Dan and I sat down. We decided to start looking at agencies. It couldn't hurt. We found an agency we really loved. Looked at the programs and started narrowing it down. In the course of a week we narrowed it down to international adoption with America World. In that agency the only two countries that met our needs were Rwanda and Ethiopia. We landed on Ethiopia. We sent in our application and a week and a half later we were approved.

So, now we starting the "paper pregnancy". I'm so excited to know we are going to get a little girl. I'm so anxious to see how God will provide financially, emotionally, and otherwise. This will be a long journey. I know it will all be worth it. It is hard for me to not  know what something should look like, but I'm confident my God has this all under control. So here we go. We are seeking a sister from Ethiopia. YAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment