Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Joy in the Journey

We started this journey over two years ago now. God, put it on our hearts when our youngest was only six months old. I had no idea what this was going to look like. I had no idea that it would be such a long hard road. I had no clue all the lessons God was going to teach me through the process of adoption. It has been painful and stretching and awesome all at the same time.

Today, I am overwhelmed with thankfulness. This process has brought me to my knees over and over again. It has strengthened my trust  and renewed my faith beyond my imagination. This journey has brought me closer to my husband and made me cherish my children even more. Through it all our friends have loved us, encouraged us, supported us, cheered with us, and cried with us. I am so blessed beyond measure! God is so good to me.

I was looking on Adopttogether this afternoon. I love seeing other families with a passion for orphan care. This journey is not easy, but there is comfort in knowing that God is in it every step of the way. I am just so thankful that He has set our family on this path, and I can't wait to see what He has ahead for us.

2 comments:

  1. "joy in the journey" was my motto during our process! Can't wait until you see her face :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this and I cannot wait to see you precious little girl!!!! God is in this every step of the way! Love you!

    ReplyDelete