Monday, September 19, 2011

10 Months

Today is special for a few reasons. The first is that we have reached the 10 month mark. I honestly thought our baby girl would be home by  now...but she isn't. She isn't even close. She may not even be born.

Today is also special because it is Asher's birthday! He is four years old today. He is growing up so fast. How crazy that he was only 2 when we started this whole process. I'm so proud of the little man he is becoming.

Adoption in some ways seems like a far away fairy tale. I know she will come home, but most days it doesn't feel like it. We have her bed and bedding. We have her clothes. We even have her name, but we just don't have her. Again, I don't want to complain, but we do miss her.

So, happy Birthday to Asher and Happy 10 month mark to our journey. 

1 comment:

  1. I know EXACTLY how you feel. We thought our little one would be here now too! We are one day closer :)

    ReplyDelete