Tuesday, June 28, 2011

How many kids do you have?

I get this question a lot. "So, how many kids do you have?" You wouldn't think that my answer would take a whole paragraph to explain. However, in my case it does. I already feel like we are a family of six. I forget I only have 3 children legally.  I should have 4.

Even though our family pictures only show 3 little boys there is this SUPER SPECIAL little girl missing. I know she will be in them eventually, but in some ways it feels like forever. I know once she is here the wait will be just a memory, but while we are in it I'm anxious for it to be over. I am so excited to have her here. I know there will be mountains to climb once she is here. I get that. But we have 4 kids not just 3. I am constantly counting heads and feeling like I am one short. I'm sure this makes no sense, but I just feel like our family is missing some one.

1 comment:

  1. I know what you mean. It just doesn't feel right not to count our ET baby/ies even if we haven't even seen their faces yet.

    ReplyDelete